Interval Data Systems Recognized for Excellence in MBCx Services
Each year, the Smart Energy Analytics Campaign reviews how participating organizations are using their Energy Management and Information Systems (EMIS) to implement Monitoring-based Commissioning (MBCx). Some of those organizations have used MBCx Service Providers to support their installation and use of EMIS. The Campaign recognizes at least one MBCx Service Provider each year for excellence in implementing MBCx activities.
In 2017, the Campaign’s MBCx Provider recognition has been awarded to Interval Data Systems (IDS), an EMIS vendor and MBCx Service Provider, for their support of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Commonwealth of Kentucky was also recognized by the Campaign for Best Practice in Expansion of EMIS.
IDS has been instrumental in supporting:
- Setup of the Commonwealth Energy Management and Control System, including a public-facing dashboard
- Remote data analysis of operations through their fault detection and diagnostics (FDD) system and tracking of key system metrics
- Operational recommendations
- Integration with Kentucky’s work order system
- Asset/system documentation management
The Commonwealth of Kentucky’s EMIS includes 1,350 meters and 142,000 BAS points integrated with IDS. The EMIS was installed across 6 BAS vendors and 1145 buildings (20M sq ft), while integrating with legacy work order and billing systems. IDS’s system has proved effective in supporting energy management practices with 8% energy savings achieved in 136 buildings. The Smart Energy Analytics Campaign is pleased to recognize the Commonwealth of Kentucky and IDS’s outstanding efforts.